Legislative, Clark County and Clark Public Utilities candidates will participate in a forum Thursday at the Cedars on Salmon Creek, 15001 N.E. 181st St. in Brush Prairie.
The candidate forum, set for 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., is hosted by the Battle Ground Chamber of Commerce and the Clark County League of Women Voters. Participating candidates are:
• Senate, 18th District: Sen. Ann Rivers, R-La Center, and her challenger, Democrat Ralph Schmidt.
• House, 18th District, Position 1: Republicans Brandon Vick and Adrian Cortes.
• House, 18th District, Position 2: Rep. Liz Pike, R-Camas, and her opponent, Democrat David Shehorn.
• County, District 1: Republican Commissioner Tom Mielke and his challenger, Democrat Joe Tanner.
• Clark Public Utility Board of Commissioners: Julia Anderson and Jim Malinowski.
Each candidate will give an opening and closing statement, and they will be asked questions prepared by the chamber and the League of Women Voters.
An optional buffet lunch is $15, or $12 for chamber members.
To register, visit Battle Ground Chamber of Commerce and click the "Candidates Forum" link.
For more information, contact the chamber, 360-687-1510 or email@example.com.