The Camas boys soccer team endured a physical match Friday night and handed the defending state champions their first loss of the season.
Cayne Cardwell, Cameron Eyman, and Bennett Lehner each scored second-half goals, leading Camas to a 4-2 victory over the Skyview Storm in a Class 4A Greater St. Helens League match.
Eyeman also scored in the first half.
The match was tied 1-1 at the break.
Camas players Nate Beasley (gash on head), Sam Pizot (hand injury), and Lucas Ulmer (rib injury) all left the match due to injuries.
Carter Johnson and Austin Horner scored Skyview's goals. The Storm fell to 4-1-1 in league play.
Union took over sole possession of first place in the 4A GSHL with a tie against Evergreen. The Titans are 4-0-2.
Camas improved to 4-2.
Stars of the day
• BASEBALL: Aaron Shoup and Trevor Huddleston combined on a five-inning no-hitter in Woodland's 14-0 win over Ridgefield. No Ridgefield runner reached second base.
• BOYS SOCCER: Christian Asivido had five saves in goal as Mountain View earned a 1-1 tie with first-place Columbia River in the 3A GSHL.
• BOYS SOCCER: Oswaldo Camarena recorded five saves in goal as Fort Vancouver earned a key 3-1 win over Prairie.
• BOYS TRACK AND FIELD: Sean Eustis of Washougal won the 1,600 (4:24.17) and 3,200 (9:49.86) as Washougal finished second at the Kalama Twilight meet.
• BOYS TRACK AND FIELD: Ben Nelson of King's Way Christian won the long jump (20-31/2) and triple jump (40-11/2) at the Kalama Twilight.
• BOYS TRACK AND FIELD: Hayden Stults of Hockinson won the 110 hurdles (16.50) and the 300 hurdles (42.57) as the Hawks won the Bruin Invitational in White Salmon.
• GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD: Anh Thi of Evergreen won the 200 (27.57) and 400 (1:01.63) as Evergreen placed second at the Kalama Twilight.
• GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD: Cheyenne Cunning of Seton Catholic won the discus (98-4) and javelin (101-6) at the Bruin Invitational in White Salmon.