Voters today are deciding school funding measures in the Battle Ground, La Center and Green Mountain school districts.
To be valid, ballots in the all-mail vote must be postmarked on or before today, or delivered to an authorized collection location by 8 p.m.
First results should be available shortly after 8 p.m. and will be posted on the county’s website and at The Columbian.
As of this morning, 19,755 ballots had been received by the county of 44,466 mailed. That’s a turnout rate of 44.4 percent.
That number does not include ballots that are in the mail or, obviously, will be mailed.
At stake are a four-year maintenance and operations levy in Battle Ground; a special levy for facilities, including sports facilities, in La Center; and a levy that would buy an additional portable classroom building in tiny Green Mountain. All need a simple majority of yes votes to pass.
Ballots can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Clark County Elections: 1408 Franklin St., Vancouver.
- Permanent Ballot Drop Box (available 24 hours a day): West 14th and Esther Streets, Vancouver.
- Battle Ground City Hall: 109 S.W. First St., Battle Ground.
- Battle Ground High School: 300 W. Main St., Battle Ground.
- Glenwood Heights Primary School: 9716 N.E. 134th St., Vancouver.
- Pleasant Valley School: 14320 N.E. 50th Ave., Vancouver.
- Yacolt Primary School: 406 W. Yacolt Road, Yacolt.
- La Center Community Center: 1000 E. Fourth St., La Center.
- Green Mountain School: 13105 N.E. Grinnell Road, Woodland.