People interested in learning about the wide variety of volunteer opportunities at the YWCA Clark County are encouraged to attend an open house.
The event is set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5, in the Y’s community room at 3609 Main St. No reservations are needed. Staff and volunteers from each of the Y’s seven programs will discuss volunteering.
• Providing advocacy and support to survivors of sexual assault.
• Representing abused and neglected children in the court system.
• Assisting youth who are “aging out” of foster care.
• Offering encouragement and information to women who are incarcerated.
• Supporting the safety and healing of families experiencing domestic violence.
• Helping in preschool classrooms.
Men and volunteers who are bilingual and/or bicultural are especially encouraged to get involved.