North Hearthwood — Evergreen Public Schools was awarded nearly $40,000 in grants this month from the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction. The money will go to the district's College Career Technical Education department, which helps students prepare for post-high school life. Grants include:
• $25,000 to Heritage High School to expand computer science coursework.
• $6,850 to Evergreen High School's Robotics First team.
• $2,000 to buy curriculum for the Teen Parent Program.
• $1,600 to both Covington Middle School's and Mountain View High School's First Tech Challenge teams.
• $800 to the First Lego League teams at the district's elementary schools and Pacific Middle School.