People in business
• Gary Bock has been named executive director of the Southwest Washington Contractors Association. Bock, former executive director of the Vancouver Watersheds Alliance, is a long-time community activist who has worked with many local nonprofits on fundraising and volunteer management. The Southwest Washington Contractors Association represents more than 400 contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers and suppliers.
• Paul Stednitz has been hired by Columbia Credit Union as vice president of branch services. He will lead the development of the credit union's 12 retail branches to drive productivity, sales, service and growth. Stednitz most recently served as vice president of retail banking for a Seattle-area bank.
• Lenore Derrick has been appointed to the board of directors of the Vancouver-based Northwest Association for Blind Athletes. Derrick is a manager of business development for DePaul Industries in Portland.
• David Kaylor has been named the Northwest regional manager for Alpha Ecological Pest Control, as the Vancouver company anticipates continued growth in 2014. Chris Stefanek is the company's new southwest regional manager, and Jeff Patton is its new commercial manager.
• Becky Weis has joined the board of directors at Innovative Services NW. Weis was the corporate giving manger at the Fort Vancouver Historic Trust and has extensive experience and years of service on many boards in Clark County.
• Paul Dicker, coordinator for Employee Corporate Benefits Plan at Dick Hannah Dealerships, was recently named the 2013 Wally Hornberger Ambassador of the Year. The selection was announced at the Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce ambassador holiday luncheon at the Heathman Lodge. Dicker has served as a chamber ambassador since 2011 and is the main representative for the Strive 2 Drive high school academic achievement initiative sponsored by Dick Hannah Dealerships.
• Corwin Beverage Company has promoted Lindsay Forst to the position of office coffee sales representative. Heidi Schultz, vice president, administration of Corwin Beverage, has been elected president of the Washington Beverage Association. Forst has worked for Corwin Beverage for three years and will be responsible for workplace coffee and other beverage services. Shultz joined the WBA board of directors in 2008 and most recently served as secretary-treasurer. She has been with Corwin for 15 years.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.