More Madore videos
Visit columbian.com weekdays for more snippets of the interview with David Madore.
Thursday: Madore on his first 40 days in office
Friday: C-Tran compensation and public vs. private compensation
Monday: A look at the county's Public Information Officer program
Tuesday: Ways to save money
Wednesday: The personal assistant
In part three of a wide ranging video interview with newly elected Clark County Commissioner David Madore, he speaks on how public employees are compensated relative to private employees. He speaks about the C-Tran contract. Madore wants to make sure we aren't creating a "privileged class" of workers.
Watch the accompanying video for more details.
And for those who suggest that we cover newly elected Commissioner David Madore too much consider this:
- He's the new guy on the block.
- He has different ideas than almost any recent elected official.
- He is controversial. Some would say polarizing.
- He creates strong reactions.
- Folks tend to either love him or hate him. Respect him or disrespect him.
- He is looking at the way things are done by government.
- He is provocative.
All of this adds up to coverage. It's really News 101.
This video snippet resulted from a single, 40 minute conversation. We are breaking it into pieces to make it easier for viewers.