Clark County business briefing
Sunday, February 17, 2013
People in business
• Kristen Jontos has joined the staff of the Fort Vancouver National Historic Site as business manager for the east and south Vancouver Barracks. She is responsible for the financial aspects of the implementation of a master plan for the site. Jontos holds an MBA from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and a bachelor of arts degree in history from Cornell University. Rebecca Lang has been hired as the National Historic Site's new administrative officer. She graduated from the University of Washington in 2002 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history and has worked at Olympic National Park and other national park sites.
• Richard Mensinger has joined Columbia Title as the new county operations manager. Mensinger has more than 35 years of experience in the title insurance industry.
• The Vancouver USA Regional Tourism Office has elected directors and officers for 2013. Eric Walters, general manager of Hilton Vancouver Washington, is the new board chair. Kari Jonassen, general manager of Homewood Suites by Hilton, is vice chair. Carla Rise, general manager of Residence Inn by Marriott, is secretary/treasurer. New directors are David Madore, Clark County Commissioner; Melinda Wulf, general manager of Phoenix Inn Suites; and Paul Thornton, general manager of Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay.
• Jennifer Senescu has joined the Camas/Washougal Chamber of Commerce as administrative assistant. Senescu is a 1985 Camas High School graduate and a 1990 graduate of Washington State University.
• Denise Gaskin has been named chief operating officer at regional law firm Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt, which also operates a Vancouver office. Gaskin will be responsible for managing the overall business and operational functions of the firm and working with other company leaders to develop and advance the objectives of the firm. Gaskin comes to Schwabe from the Asheville, N.C., offices of the Van Winkle Law Firm, where she served as chief operating officer.
Other business news
• Battle Ground has been awarded a Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for the twelfth consecutive year from the Government Finance Officers Association. The award recognizes the city for its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for 2011 and is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting.
• DeWils Interiors has opened a new kitchen and bath showroom at 11014 N.E. Fourth Plain Road, Vancouver. The new location features fine cabinetry and appliances and is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to email@example.com or fax to 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.