People in business
• Bryan Dent has been hired as vice president, commercial banking officer for Pacific Continental Bank. Dent is a graduate of the University of Oregon and the Pacific Coast Banking School in Seattle. He has worked in banking for 16 years. Dent will work at the Vancouver office at 911 Main St.
• Sigma Design has hired Rachelle Hutchensas an organizational development specialist. Hutchens will perform various human resource functions and assist with business development and account management.
• HomeStreet Bank, with locations at 2100 S.E. 164th Ave. and 501 Columbia St., has hired nine loan officers recently: Wendi Deirick, Melissa McAllister, Mark Schaller, Jennifer Odear, Stu Blighton, Leah Linn, Matt Bader and Cody Wilhelm. Patrick Maxey will be a branch manager.
• Leanne Bremer, who works in the Vancouver office of Miller Nash, has been elected to the board of directors of the Free Clinic of Southwest Washington. Bremer will help manage the organization and advance its goals to provide more residents access to basic health care.
Other business news
• Clark County Volunteer Lawyers Program is offering free legal assistance to eligible low- and moderate-income homeowners residing in Clark County. Funded by a grant from the Legal Foundation of Washington, the Home Foreclosure Project provides legal advice, information on alternatives to foreclosure and education about homeowner rights during the foreclosure process. If eligible, homeowners will be scheduled for an appointment with a volunteer attorney. The attorney may provide a referral to request mediation if appropriate, which suspends the foreclosure process until mediation is completed. * Contact Kristina Phillips, 360-334-4007.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.