Tualatin man burning weeds sets home on fire

By

Published:

 

Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue says a man burning weeds with a propane torch accidentally set his home on fire.

The torch touched off a pine tree next to the house Sunday and flames spread up the side of the house and into the attic.

All the residents got out safely. Firefighters rescued the family dog.

The man had recognized the potential fire danger and wet down the tree, but it caught fire anyway.

The fire department says flames caused significant damage to the roof, and water and smoke damaged the inside of the home.