People in business
• Lisa Schauer, vice president of business development at MacKay Sposito in Vancouver, has written advice for women about succeeding in the architectural/engineering/design industry that was recently published The Marketer, a national publication of the Society for Professional Marketing Services. Also, Schauer was a speaker at the 2013 Women in Design + Environmental Professions Conference in Boston on the topic of barriers to women in leadership.
• Buffy Howard has joined Washington-based senior care provider Prestige Care Inc. as regional director of operations for the company's skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers. Howard has 20 years of long-term care experience, including 15 years as a licensed nursing home administrator in Washington. She most recently worked at Avalon Healthcare, a Prestige Care's hospice and home care affiliate.
• Salmon Creek Hospital Foundation has elected Lynn B. Miller and Kristy K. Weaver to its board of trustees. Miller, who attended Washington State University, is co-owner of Vancouver Sign Group. Weaver, a senior vice president and team leader for Southwest Washington at Pacific Continental Bank, attended the University of Washington. The foundation advocates and raises funds for Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center.
• Barbara Waite has been named a branch manager at the downtown branch and the Clark College branch for iQ Credit Union. She brings more than 30 years of business development, financial and management experience to the job.
• Christopher Mount has joined the team at WRK Engineers as a project engineer. Mount graduated from Texas A&M University with a master's degree in civil engineering.
• Carol L. Davis has earned the professional designation of certified medical practice executive from the American College of Medical Practice Executives. Davis has been with Creekside Medical for more than 1 year.
• Tidewater has announced that Bob Curcio has been selected as the company's new chief executive officer and will succeed Dennis McVicker, who has served as Tidewater's CEO since 2005. Curcio, a chemical engineer, brings more than 30 years of executive experience in the petroleum industry to Tidewater.
• Shawn Pidcock, store director of the Orchards Fred Meyer, was named Director of the Year for his district, which encompasses 20 stores in the Portland and Southwest Washington area. He has been with Fred Meyer for 20 years and has held a number of positions.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to email@example.com or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.