Clark County business calendar
Monday, March 4, 2013
Battle Ground Chamber of Commerce: March general meeting, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., The Cedars on Salmon Creek, 15001 N.E. 181st St., Brush Prairie. Carrie Schulstad, Chamber executive director, and Russell Brent, owner of Mill Creek Pub, make a presentation on The Passport to Battle Ground, a regional tourism program. Admission, $17 members; $15 others. Reservations, email@example.com or Shirley or Connie, 360-687-1510.
Marketing strategies teleclass: Deanna Maio, Business Growth & Marketing Strategist, hosts a free teleclass, "3 mistakes business owners make that stop them getting more clients," at 10 a.m. March 13. * http://www.getresults.deannamaio.com/3-mistakes, 503-893-9510.
Financial forum: Restorative Money Management, with speakers, Julia Anderson, a financial journalist, and Rob Pool, founder of Fort Vancouver Investment Management, 10 to 11:15 a.m. March 15. Light refreshments served. Limited space. Register: 360-823-0477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Free tax help for low income: Free tax assistance and preparation for taxpayers with low and moderate income of all ages, with special attention to those age 60 and older, is available from AARP Tax-Aide through April 15. Photo ID is required for the taxpayer present and must bring acceptable proof of Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number for every person on the tax return. AARP Tax-Aide volunteers, trained in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service, will offer assistance with personal income tax returns at these sites:
• First Baptist Church, 108 W. 27th St., noon to 4 p.m., Mondays and Wednesdays (except Wednesdays in March).
• Marshall Community Center, 1009 E. McLoughlin Blvd., noon to 4 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• Vancouver Community Library, 901 C St., 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays; 2 to 6 p.m. Wednesdays; 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays.
• Cascade Park Community Library, 600 N.E. 136th Ave., noon to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• Battle Ground Community Library, 1207 S.E. Eighth St., Battle Ground, 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 1 to 5 p.m. Fridays.
• Three Creeks Community Library, 800-C E. Tenney Road, 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays and 3 to 7 p.m. Thursdays.
• 888-687-2277 or http://www.aarp-tax-aide-sw-washington.org.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon Tuesday preceding the intended Monday publication date. Send to email@example.com or fax 360-735-4491.