Prep roundup: Union, Mountain View play to boys soccer tie
Monday, March 18, 2013
The Union and Mountian View boys soccer teams provided a solid non-league test for each other on Monday at McKenzie Stadium.
The 1-1 draw featured solid defensive efforts and both goals came during the second half.
Union’s Nathaniel Cheney scored off an assist from Mitch Wheelon early in the second half.
Mountain View’s equalizer came in the final 15 minutes from Rylan Berriman with an assist from Jared Berg.
Both squads are now 2-0-2.
Stars of the day
• Baseball: Heritage’s Dakota Clevidence and Tim Hergert each were 2-for-2 with a double and combined for 7 RBI in an 11-0 win over Hockinson.
• Baseball: Union’s Jake Hawken and Cody Hawken each had two doubles and combined for 3 RBI in an 11-1 win over Mark Morris.
• Baseball: Battle Ground’s Bobby Hoisington was 3 for 4 with 3 RBI and three runs scored in a 15-1 win over Ridgefield.
• Baseball: Andrew Strappazon of Hudson’s Bay was 2 for 2 with five stolen bases in a 10-7 loss to R.A. Long.
• Boys soccer: Fort Vancouver’s Dmitriy Tkachenko scored midway through the second half to give the Trappers a 2-1 win at Washougal.
• Baseball: Ian Hamilton knocked in five runs in Skyview’s 18-1 win at Prairie. The Storm scored 15 runs in the seventh inning.
• Boys soccer: Battle Ground’s Joseph Hernandez supplied a goal and an assist in the Tigers’ 3-1 win at Ridgefield.