Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. Events are free unless noted. Register: 360-225-8750 or http://tsugawanursery.com
• Tried & True and Some New, Too: 11 a.m. March 23. Learn about some easy-to-care-for plant varieties that have been tried-and-true, as well as a few you might not have heard of that are new for 2013.
• What to do in the garden: 11 a.m. April 6. April is the time to start setting out new plants. The month's tasks include starting and scattering seeds, planting, fertilizing and pruning.
Shorty's Garden and Home: 10006 S.E. Mill Plain Blvd. Free. Register: 360-892-7880.
• Rose care: 10 a.m. to noon March 23. Don and Rosie Dean will demonstrate proper planting, pruning, fertilizing and all-season care.
• Pruning 101 and beyond: 10 a.m. to noon March 30. Steve Pirus will discuss tools, approaches and variety-specific advice.
• Spring container plant and design: 1 to 3 p.m. April 6. Designer Kellie Sinclair will offer this hands-on class.
Backyard composting workshop: 6 to 8 p.m. April 25 at Columbia Springs, 12208 S.E. Evergreen Highway. Classroom introduction to basic composting and a visit to a composting demonstration site to learn about ways to make garden compost. Free. Register: http://www.columbiasprings.org/events/annual-events/mcrworkshops or 360-882-0936, ext. 224.
Hügelkultur workshop: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 30 at Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. A 90-minute classroom session will be followed by a 15-minute drive to a nearby site for hands-on demonstration and practice. Dress for the weather. Bring water and a sack lunch. Free. Register: http://bpt.me/334096 or 360-397-6060, ext. 5738.
Hands-on rain garden workshop: 1 to 4 p.m. March 23 at 9717 N.E. 25th Ave. Join the Watershed Stewards and Clark County to build a rain garden at a new green-built Habitat for Humanity home. Free. Register: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/347745 or 360-397-6060, ext. 5705.
Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens meeting: 1 p.m. March 26, 115 S. Pekin Road, Woodland. Fire Chief Eric Dehning will discuss emergency preparedness. Lilac Days volunteer registration and planning on agenda. 360-606-7359.
Fort Vancouver Rose Society meeting: 7 to 9 p.m. first Thursday of the month, Clark County Genealogy Annex, 7165 Grand Blvd. Free. 360-696-1331.
Camas-Washougal Community Garden Club: 1 p.m. the fourth Wednesday of each month, Camas Community Center, 1718 S.E. Seventh Ave., Camas. 360-210-8012.
Minnehaha Garden Gate Club: 10 a.m. on the third Wednesday of the month at Minnehaha Grange, 4905 N.E. St. Johns Blvd. 360-992-2939.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 12:30 to 3 p.m. third Tuesday of each month, Covington House, 4201 Main St. 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. third Mondays, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. 360-696-9617.
Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org.