Blake Christopher had a two-run single to spark a four-run seventh inning for the Camas baseball team as the Papermakers rallied for a 5-2 victory Friday over Battle Ground.
Camas trailed 2-1 after six innings, but loaded the bases on two walks and a single with one out in the seventh.
Johnson singled to left to score Reid Conlee and Trent Johnson, giving Camas a 3-2 lead.
Dylan White singled home Reilly Hennessey to make it 4-2, and Connor Zepponi’s double made it 5-2.
Nolan Hunt threw three shutout innings to pick up the victory.
The 4A Greater St. Helens League win was Camas’ first completed game of the season.
Battle Ground’s Jay Parker gave up one run on one hit in five innings of work.
Stars of the day
• Baseball: Alex Smith pitched a complete game four-hit shutout with no walks and 10 strikeouts in Heritage’s 4-0 win over Evergreen.
• Baseball: Josh Inman went 2 for 4 with a grand slam as Prairie routed Hudson’s Bay 25-8 in the 3A GSHL game played in rain, hail and snow.
• Baseball: Grant Mersinger went 3 for 5 with a run and two RBI in Ridgefield’s 13-9 non-league over Woodland.
• Softball: Woodland’s Makayla Lefever pitched a three-hit shutout against Heritage, striking out 12 in a 3-0 victory.
• Softball: Carly Hershberger went 3 for 4 with a double, home run, two runs and seven RBI in Battle Ground’s 20-2 win over Grant of Portland.
• Softball: Emma Alfonso pitched five solid innings and went 2 for 4 with two runs and an RBI in Union’s 10-2 non-league win over Hockinson.
• Boys soccer: Rylan Berriman had two goals and an assist as Mountain View beat Heritage 9-0.
• Boys soccer: Cameron Eyman had three goals and two assists as Camas beat Hudson’s Bay 6-0.
• Boys soccer: Carter Johnson scored three goals as Skyview beat Ridgefield 4-2.
• Girls golf: Alicia Kwon shot a team-best 43 at Longview Country Club as Union beat Mark Morris 188-203.