Two more sentenced in drive-by shooting

Shooter and another accomplice already serving time




The driver and another accomplice have pleaded guilty and been sentenced for an Aug. 16 road-rage shooting near Fort Vancouver High School. Two others are already serving prison terms.

The driver, Tylor M. Myers, 19, pleaded guilty to second-degree rendering criminal assistance in Clark County Superior Court and was sentenced April 22 to 110 days of confinement. Rear passenger Fredrick R. Bolds, 17, pleaded guilty April 19 to felony third-degree assault in Juvenile Court and was sentenced to 55 days of confinement, with credit for 55 days served.

The shooter in the crime and another accomplice were previously sentenced.

Rear passenger and shooter Ted W. Washington III, 17, is serving 32 months in prison for one count of drive-by shooting with a firearm enhancement. Front passenger Kenneth G. Kirkland, 21, is serving 36 months for being an accomplice to the drive-by shooting.

The four, all from Vancouver, were arrested Aug. 17 after victim Raymond Grendahl reported to police that a rear passenger, Washington, in a white Ford Explorer fired five to eight shots at his car while he was driving. No one was hurt.

Grendahl said Washington shot at him after the Ford Explorer cut him off near the intersection of East 18th Street and Stapleton Road. Police said the driver of the other vehicle, Grendahl, and the four defendants exchanged words. Then, Grendahl or a passenger in his vehicle “threw or struck, possibly a glass bottle or bat, at the windshield of the Explorer and drove off,” according to a probable cause affidavit.

Grendahl denied damaging the Explorer and said something was thrown at him.

Grendahl said he drove off and thought the confrontation was over. But, he said, he later noticed the Explorer following him in the same area. That’s when the shooting occurred.

Grendahl called 911 and dispatchers traced the Explorer’s license plate to an apartment at the Cedar Ridge Apartment complex in the 4200 block of East 18th Street. Responding officers called Kirkland, Bolds and Myers out of the apartment. All three men said Washington was the shooter and had used a blue steel semiautomatic handgun, according to court documents. Washington later surrendered to police.

Paris Achen: 360-735-4551;;;