At Saturday’s 49th annual Hazel Dell Parade of Bands, 120 entries and 23 middle- and high school bands paraded down Northeast Hazel Dell Avenue and up Northeast Highway 99.
This year’s superhero theme — whether comic-book or real-life — took shape before gleeful onlookers lining the streets.
Awards were doled out among the 120 entries by supervisors Dee Memering and Vicki Fitzsimmons. School bands were not judged.
Grand Marshal Award
• Clark Regional Wastewater District
Director’s Award — Equestrian
• Trophy: El Tapatio
• First: Riverview Community Bank
• Second: Miss Vancouver Rodeo and DJ Glenn and Co.
Association Award — Noncommercial
• Trophy: Miracle League of Vancouver Washington
• First: Tie between the City of La Center and the Columbia River Newfoundland Club
• Second: Clark County 4-H Club
• Third: Sons of Norway
President’s Award — Commercial
• Trophy: iQ Credit Union
• First: Glenwood Place Senior Living
• Second: Naydenov Gymnastics
• Third: TwinStar Credit Union
Founder’s Award — Classic Cars
• Trophy: Flying Eagle A’s
• First: Rose City Classics
• Second: Mustang Unlimited Car Club
• Third: Water & Air Works
Chairman’s Award — Specialty Vehicles
• Trophy: Fort Vancouver Antique Equipment Association