Here's our update of free Thanksgiving meals for the needy — or anyone looking for a little warmth and society along with their turkey.
• Chronis' Restaurant and Lounge offers its traditional holiday dinner from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday at 819 Main St. Full turkey dinner with vegetables, mashed potatoes, dessert, milk, coffee and tea are on tap. All are welcome.
• Da Kine's Cafe hosts its fourth annual home-cooked Thanksgiving meal, served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Christ Community Church, 11900 N.E. 95th St., Suite 440 in the East Ridge Business Park. Call 360-798-7622 to make a reservation.
• The Vancouver Eagles welcome everyone to its free Thanksgiving breakfast, 7:30 to 11 a.m. at the Eagles Lodge, 107 E. Seventh St. Call 360-693-8119 to volunteer or to get more information.
• St. James Catholic Church will serve Thanksgiving dinner to the needy from noon to 2 p.m. at 218 W. 12th St. Volunteers are welcome; call 360-356-4116 to sign up.
• Living Hope Church welcomes everyone who is needy or just looking for a way to celebrate Thanksgiving. Doors open at noon and dinner will be served at 1 p.m. The church is at 2711 N.E. Andresen Road. Call 360-944-3905 for more information.
East county deliveries
The Knights of Columbus are preparing to deliver hundreds of meals to seniors, shut-ins and others in need in the Camas-Washougal area.
If you are in need of a meal delivered to your home — or if you are interested in donating food, volunteering to cook or making deliveries — call the Interfaith Treasure House at 360-834-4181, Al Schmid at 360-835-5346, or the East County Family Resource Center at 360-835-7802. Recipients will be asked for the number of people in the household, as well as address and phone number.
Cooking begins this morning at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church, 324 N.E. Oak St. in Camas.