Evi Wilson had eight kills and 11 digs and Maggie Harshaw added 10 digs as the Columbia River volleyball team knocked off 10th-ranked Prairie 25-22, 25-20, 25-21.
Trisha Johnson had six kills, three blocks as 14 assists for River, which improved to 2-0 in 3A Greater St. Helens League play.
Stars of the day
- Heidi Fronk, King’s Way Christian soccer, scored two minutes into overtime to give the Knights a 1-0 victory over La Center. Fronk dribbled to the right, cut back to the left and curled a 20-yard shot over the goalkeeper.
- Brooke Van Sickle, Battle Ground volleyball, had 16 kills, 15 assists and eight digs in the Tigers’ win over Heritage.
- Jordan Hunter, Hudson’s Bay volleyball, had 17 kills and three aces in Bay’s win over Fort.
- Lauren Harris, Camas girls volleyball, had 19 kills, 12 digs and three aces as the Camas avoided an 0-2 to start to 4A GSHL play.
- Kendall Johnson, Mountain View volleyball, had 14 kills, seven blocks and nine digs at the Thunder beat Kelso.
- Shannon Boyle, Ridgefield volleyball, had 13 kills, six digs and three aces as the Spudders opened 2A GSHL play with a win.
- Kari Staples, King’s Way Christian volleyball, had 13 kills, 13 digs and five blocks as King’s Way Christian scored an impressive win over Woodland.
- Haley Wheelon, Union girls soccer, had two goals and an assist as the Titans beat Heritage.
- Milla Benedetti, Mountain View girls soccer, had a goal and an assist in the Thunder’s 2-0 win over Prairie.
- Riley Smetzler, Ridgefield girls soccer, had three assists in the Spudders’ 5-1 win over Washougal.
- Darya Samiee, Mountain View girls swimming, posted a 11-second win in the 100 breaststroke and also won the 200 freestyle by 11 seconds in a meet with Skyview and Fort Vancouver at Propstra Pool.
- Anna Panebianco, Camas girls swimming, won the 100 butterfly (1:05.96) and the 50 freestyle (25.74) in a win at Mark Morris.
- Spencer Tibbits, Fort Vancouver golf, shot 2-under 34 in Fort’s narrow win over Mountain View at Colwood in Portland.
- Brandon Barnes, Columbia River golf, shot a 2-under 35 at The Cedars as River beat Prairie.
- Eddie Abellar, Union golf, shot a 4-under 32 at Camas Meadows at Union beat Evergreen.