Esther Short — The Vancouver Rotary Foundation gave $48,000 in grants last month to support nonprofits in the area. The awards were given at the annual Rotary Club of Vancouver Community Grants Luncheon on Sept. 25. Organizations that benefitted were:
• Children's Center, $5,000.
• Innovative Services NW, $4,000.
• Lifeline Connections, $4,000.
• Foundation for Vancouver Public Schools, $3,800.
• Celebrate Life, $3,500.
• Friends of the Children, $3,250.n Salmon Creek Hospital Foundation, $3,000.n Council for the Homeless WHO Shelter, $3,000.n Daybreak Youth Services, $3,000.n Big Brothers Big Sisters Columbia Northwest, $2,500.n Boy Scouts Cascade Pacific Council, $2,500.n Lelooska Foundation, $2,500.
• Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, $2,500.n Community Mediation Services, $2,400.n Free Clinic of Southwest Washington, $2,250.n 211info, $800.