Brooke Van Sickle led the charge with 23 kills and 17 assists as Battle Ground beat Skyview in four sets on Thursday in a Class 4A Greater St. Helens League volleyball match.
The result means the Tigers and Storm are both 3-1 in league play.
The teams split the first two sets, then Battle Ground won the third set 25-23 and the fourth set 25-21 to earn the victory.
Hana Wyles made a team-high 27 digs for the Tigers. Celine Murphy had 20 assists. Haillie Wyles (nine kiills); Jossilyn Blackman (seven kills) and McKenzie Wolf (six kills) also contributed to the Battle Ground attack.
Stars of the day
- GG Eastman, Prairie volleyball, had 16 assists, six digs, five kills and three aces in Prairie’s win over Bay.
- Lauren Harris, Camas volleyball, had 11 kills, 3 aces, 5 digs in Camas’ win over Heritage.
- Trisha Johnson, Columbia River volleyball, had 12 assists, eight digs, four kills, three blocks and three aces in River’s win over Kelso.
- Christina Lundy, Mountain View volleyball, had 35 assists, five digs and an ace in Mountain View’s win over Fort.
- Shannon Boyle, Ridgefield volleyball, had 30 digs, 19 kills, nine blocks and two aces in Ridgefield’s win over Mark Morris.
- Emma Yates, La Center volleyball, had 22 assists and six kills in the Wildcats’ win over Toledo.
- Madi Raymond, Woodland volleyball, had 13 kills and 16 digs in the Beavers’ win over Seton Catholic.
- Riley Allison, Camas soccer, had three goals in Camas’ 6-0 win over Evergreen.
- Alex Sanders and Delaney Lindahl, Union soccer, each had a goal and an assist as Union bounced back to beat Battle Ground 2-1.
- Gabrielle Burrell, Hockinson soccer, scored all three of the Hawks’ goal in a 3-3 non-league tie with Capital of Olympia.
- Thomas Normandeau, Washougal boys cross country, raced to a two-second victory in 16 minutes, 43 seconds to help the Panthers beat R.A. Long.
- Jessica Flanagan, Woodland soccer, had two goals and an assist as the Beavers beat King’s Way Christian 9-0.
- Taryn Ries, Ridgefield soccer, scored the game’s only goal on an assist from Jordyn Voyles with 10 minutes to play to lift the Spudders to a 1-0 victory over Mark Morris.
- Elizabeth Sheldon, Seton Catholic soccer, had four goals and an assist in a 7-0 win over Stevenson.
- Dani Zalutko, Seton Catholic soccer, had two goals and three assists in a 7-0 win over Stevenson