$32,700 damage done in Vancouver mobile home blaze

By Patty Hastings, Columbian breaking news reporter

Published:

 

A child who started a fire in the family's mobile home with a barbecue lighter caused an estimated $32,700 damage.

The fire was reported at 4:44 p.m. Tuesday at 7300 N.E. 100th Ave., in Vancouver's Maple Tree neighborhood. Arriving fire personnel reported finding fire coming from a window, Battalion Chief Chris Lines said.

Damage was estimated at $18,700 to the structure and about $14,000 to the contents, according to the Clark County Fire Marshal's Office. The agency reminds people to keep matches and lighters locked and out of children's reach.