Four volleyball teams started the week in a tie for first place in the Class 4A Greater St. Helens League.
Now, there are two.
Camas defeated Skyview in four games Thursday night, improving to 5-1. Meanwhile, Union swept Heritage to get to 5-1.
Camas and Union face each other Tuesday night at Union.
Lauren Harris had 17 kills, Tina Elliott recorded 37 assists, and the libero, Abby Young, even got a kill for the Papermakers on Thursday.
Camas trailed 17-11 in the first game before rallying for the 25-21 victory.
Union’s Madeline Sutherland had 12 kills and Megan LaFond added 10 kills in the Titans victory over Heritage.
Stars of the day
• Brooke Van Sickle, Battle Ground volleyball, had 23 kills, 9 assists and 7 digs as the Tigers beat Evergreen in three sets.
• Page Heller, Columbia River volleyball, had 40 assists, 15 digs, one ace and two blocks as River improved to 6-0 in the 3A GSHL with a 3-1 win over Mountain View.
• Brielle Lindsay, Prairie soccer, scored three goals in the Falcons’ 6-0 win over Fort Vancouver.
• Ellie Walker, Columbia River soccer, had two goals and two assists in a 7-0 win over Mountain View.
• Emily Griffith, Battle Ground soccer, scored three goals in the Tigers’ 4-0 win over Heritage.
• Livi Cox, Union swimming, won the 200 individual medley and placed second in the 100 breaststroke as Union beat Camas 89-81 to secure the 4A GSHL title.
• Tanner Blake, Union tennis, scored a 6-3, 7-6 (5) win over Camas’ Jonathan Ho to help the Titans beat Camas 5-0 to finish a 10-0 season in the 4A GSHL.