The Columbia River volleyball team took firm control of the Class 3A Greater St. Helens League with another straight-set win over Prairie.
Evi Wilson had 14 kills, eight digs and four aces to lead River to a 25-16, 25-19, 25-17 win over Prairie on Tuesday.
The win gave the Chieftains a two-match advantage over Prairie in the loss column and a head-to-head sweep over the Falcons.
A win Thursday over last-place Fort Vancouver would give River at least a share of the league title and clinch the No. 1 seed to the district tournament.
Esti Wilson had eight digs, five kills and two aces for River, while Page Heller added 30 assists, seven digs, two aces, two kills and two blocks.
2A district golf
Hockinson's Diego De La Torre shot a 2-under-par 70 to take a two-shot lead at the Class 2A district tournament in Chehalis.
De La Torre was one of six Hawks to make the first-day cut at Riverside Golf Course.
Ridgefield, led by Spencer Konkright's 83, had five players make the cut, and Washougal, led by Bryce Samwel's 82, had two.
Stars of the day
• McKenzie Wolf, Battle Ground volleyball, had 11 digs, three kills and two blocks as Battle Ground moved into second place in the 4A GSHL with a win over Heritage.
• Kelsey Brown, Skyview volleyball, had 12 assists, seven digs and two aces to lead the Storm over Evergreen.
• Jordan Hunter, Hudson's Bay volleyball, had 11 kills and one ace as Bay earned its second 3A GSHL victory by beating Fort Vancouver.
• Jessica Flanagan, Woodland soccer, scored twice in a 3-0 win over Kalama to keep the Beavers unbeaten in Trico League play.
• Christina Lundy, Mountain View volleyball, had 21 assists and nine digs as the Thunder beat Kelso to move into third place in the 3A GSHL.
• Shyanne Chandler, Ridgefield volleyball, had nine digs and six aces as the Spudders improved to 5-0 in the 2A GSHL with a win over Washougal.
• Alyssa Carnes and Kaela Carnes, La Center volleyball, each had seven kills and 10 blocks as the Wildcats stayed ahead of King's Way in the Trico League South Division by beating Stevenson.
• Kat Ahloo, Seton Catholic volleyball, had 18 assists, six digs, five kills and five aces in Seton's win over White Salmon.
• Alix Breiter, King's Way soccer, scored in a 1-0 win over Toledo. The Knights only brought 11 players to the game and played the final 20 minutes with 10 after an injury.
• Anyssa DeVera, Camas soccer, had a goal and an assist as the Papermakers scored three second-half goals to beat Battle Ground 3-0.
• McKenzie Link, La Center soccer, scored a second-half goal to beat Stevenson 1-0.
• Madison Reynolds, Columbia River soccer, had three goals to lead River to an 8-0 win over Hudson's Bay. The Chieftains can clinch the 3A GSHL title with a win at Kelso on Thursday.
• Katie Bittner, Skyview soccer, scored two goals in the Storm's 7-0 win over Evergnreen.
• Naomi McDonald, Union soccer, had a goal and an assist in a 4-0 win over Heritage.
• Taryn Riese, Ridgefield soccer, had two goals in a 6-1 win over Washougal.
• Shannon McMillan, Columbia River swimming, won the 200 free (2:07.08) and 100 breaststroke (1:19.48) in River's win over Hudson's Bay.