Maddie Sjothun and Melissa Foster scored goals and Haley Wheelon assisted on both at the Union girls soccer team held onto first place in the Class 4A Greater St. Helens League with a 2-0 win over Skyview.
The win improved the Titans to 7-1 in league play with two matches to go. Camas, an 8-0 winner over Heritage, is in second at 6-1-1, followed by Skyview at 5-2-1.
Stars of the day
• Megan LaFond, Union volleyball, has 29 kills, 11 digs, five blocks and three aces in Union's win over Battle Ground.
• Kaylee Warren, Prairie volleyball, had 25 kills, seven digs and two blocks as Prairie locked up second place in the 3A GSHL with a 3-1 win over Kelso.
• Marrisa Morris, Ridgefield volleyball, had 10 kills and six digs as the Spudders improved to 6-0 in the 2A GSHL by beating Hockinson.
• Haley Yoder, Woodland volleyball, had 20 kills and five blocks as the Beavers lost a tough match to unbeaten Kalama, losing 18-25, 25-20, 25-27, 25-23, 15-11.
• Kaela Carnes, La Center volleyball, had 13 kills and 13 blocks to lead the Wildcats to a key victory over King's Way Christian that kept La Center in first place of the South Division of the Trico League.
• Anyssa DeVera, Camas soccer, had a goal and three assists in an 8-0 win over Heritage.
• Rachel Rand and Katie Hurst, Mountain View soccer, scored two goals each as Mountain View remained tied with Kelso and Prairie for second place in the 3A GSHL.
• Jordyn Voyles, Ridgefield soccer, scored two goals as the Spudders improved to 6-0 in league play with a 3-1 win over Hockinson.