Senior Cassie Bailie had nine kills, three digds and one block as Camas beat Heritage in three sets to clinch the No. 1 seed to next week’s Class 4A district volleyball tournament.
Camas won the match 25-10, 25-13, 25-10.
The win improved the Papermakers to 8-1 in the 4A Greater St. Helens League, one win better than second-place Union. But since Camas swept Union in the teams’ head-to-head matchup, Camas earns the top seed.
Union (7-2) meets Skyview (6-3) in a matchup for second place on Thursday.
Stars of the day
- Madison Veltkamp, King’s Way Christian soccer, had a goal and two assists in a 3-0 win over Kalama.
- Maddie Sjothun, Union soccer, scored three goals and added an assist in the Titans 7-0 win at Battle Ground.
- Shannon Boyle, Ridgefield volleyball, had 17 digs, 12 kills and eight digs as the Spudders remained unbeaten in the 2A GSHL with a 3-0 win over Mark Morris. The Spudders will face R.A. Long on Thursday for the league title.
- Anyssa DeVera, Camas soccer, had one goal and one assist as Camas assured itself of at least the No. 2 seed to the district playoffs with a 4-0 win over Evergreen. Camas will play Union on Thursday for the league title.
- Neesha Godbole, Mountain View soccer, had two goals and two assists in the Thunder’s 9-0 win over Hudson’s Bay. Mountain View will face Kelso on Thursday for second place in the Class 3A Greater St. Helens League.
- Shelby Vermeulen, La Center soccer, made nine saves as the Wildcats edged White Salmon 2-1, handing the Bruins their third Trico League loss.