People in business
• Brian Peavey and Henry Hohn have joined Sigma Design of Vancouver. Peavey, a firmware engineer, holds a bachelor of science in electrical engineering from University of the Pacific in California. He will be responsible for providing firmware engineering services for diverse products and systems. Hohn, a systems administrator, holds a bachelor of science in business administration from Western Oregon University. He will provide systems and network support.
• Michelle Thor of Columbia Credit Union and Sherry Stewart of Pacific Continental Bank have joined the board of Vancouver's Downtown Association. Thor is Columbia Credit Union's vice president of outreach and social responsibility. Stewart is client service officer for Pacific Continental Bank, where she has worked since April 2012. She also has worked at Wells Fargo and West Coast banks.
• Jack Burkman has been reappointed to the Clark College Board of Trustees. The Vancouver city councilmember's five-year term will begin Oct. 1. This will be his second term on the board.
• The foundation for Vancouver Public Schools has elected Steve Hill as president. Other elected officers include Vanessa McLaughlin, vice president; Tamy Fletcher, secretary; Cheree Nygard, treasurer; and Michelle Giovannozzi and Vaugh Lein, both members-at-large.
• Lacamas Community Credit Union has opened its Andresen Financial Center at 6725 N.E. 42nd St. The center offers deposit automation and concierge services. They will have a grand opening week beginning Sept. 17. www.lacamas.org or 360-834-3611.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.