Haley Briggs' second-half goal off an assist by Isabelle Sampson proved to be the difference as the Washougal girls soccer team opened its season with a 3-2 win over Heritage.
Sampson and Baylee Wright scored goals in the first half to give Washougal a 2-0 lead. But Heritage rallied in the second half on a pair of goals from Kailey Wooten.
Stars of the day
- Jorie Freitag, Seton Catholic girls soccer, scored two goals and added two assists as Seton opened Trico play with a 4-0 win over La Center.
- Nicole Barth, Skyview volleyball, had 19 kills, 10 digs, three blocks and two aces in Skyview's 3-0 win over Ridgefield.
- Marion Lilly and Megan Bloom, Columbia River girls soccer, teamed up for two goals, with Lilly getting the goals both times in a 7-0 win over Hockinson.
- Nicolette Nesbitt, Woodland volleyball, had 27 assists, five digs, five aces and was 25-for-25 serving as Woodland opened Trico League play with a win over Toledo.
- Rebecca Muresan, Heritage volleyball, had nine aces and three kills in a win over Washougal.
- Alyssa Carnes, La Center volleyball, had 12 kills, six aces and five blocks in the Wildcats' 3-0 win over White Salmon.