Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. Events are free unless noted. Register: www.tsugawanursery.com/events.htm or 360-225-8750.
• What to do in garden in April: 11 a.m. April 5. Monthly seminar on landscape and garden maintenance.
• Japanese maple pruning: 11 a.m. April 12. Brian Tsugawa will share proper pruning techniques.
• Root-pruning, wiring and repotting your bonsai: 11 a.m. April 19. Bring your bonsai. There will be a fee for potting material used in class. Silent observers welcome for free.
Shorty’s Garden and Home: 10006 S.E. Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver. Free.
• Culture & maintenance for the ornamental garden: 10 a.m. to noon April 5. Beth Goodnight will offer information on how to ensure a successful garden, along with the impact culture and maintenance has on the garden.
• Spring container plant and design: 10 a.m. to noon April 12. Designer Geoffrey Meade will offer this hands-on class.
• Summer bulbs and flowers for your cutting garden: 1 to 3 p.m. April 12. Rob and Andrea will share their favorite summer blooming bulbs and flowers, along with tips to grow and cut them all season.
WSU Extension Clark County master gardener volunteer training: The 12-week training begins from 8:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sept. 3 and continues Wednesdays through Nov. 19. Upon completion, participants are expected to complete a 50-hour internship in their first year and serve 35 hours yearly thereafter to maintain certification. $245. For further information and to download an application, visit the website.
Small Acreage Expo: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. April 5 at Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St., Vancouver. Topics include hands-on fence building, goat keeping, permaculture fruit production, vermicomposting, beekeeping, raising beef and more. To register, click here.
Bare Root Tree and Plant Sale: Hosted by NatureScaping of SW Washington from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 26-27, 1 to 5 p.m. May 2, and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 3 at Wildlife Botanical Gardens, 11000 N.E. 149th St., Brush Prairie. Also available: mason bee cocoons, veggie starts and garden photos. Members shop early at 9 a.m. April 26. 360-737-1160 or the website.
Boring, Oregon; Not so Boring: An On the Road Tour by the master gardener program. Vans depart at 9 a.m. April 17 from Enterprise Rent-A-Car, 9319 N.E. Highway 99 in Vancouver, and return at 5 p.m. Stops include: Red Pig Tools, Frank J. Schmidt Arboretum and Treephoria. Lunch at Red Apple Chinese. Bring your wallet and your garden’s needs, and dress for the weather. $30. Register by April 11; click here. Information: 360-397-6060, ext. 5738.
Camas-Washougal Community Garden Club: 1 p.m. fourth Wednesday of each month, Camas Community Center, 1718 S.E. Seventh Ave., Camas. 360-210-8012.
Minnehaha Garden Gate Club: 10 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month at Minnehaha Grange, 4905 N.E. St. Johns Blvd., Vancouver. 360-992-2939.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 12:30 to 3 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month, Covington House, 4201 Main St., Vancouver. 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. third Monday, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St., Vancouver. 360-696-9617.