Gabe Weber and Carter Johnson scored second-half goals to rally Skyview to a 2-1 victory over Union in a Class 4A Greater St. Helens League boys soccer match on Tuesday.
Jonathan Zaballa scored on an assist from Jonathan Granados to give Union a 1-0 lead at halftime.
But Weber tied it on an assist from Braden Hadfield. Johnson's goal on an assist from Camden Keller put the Storm ahead.
The victory improved the nationally ranked Storm to 8-0-1 on the season and 2-0-1 in the 4A GSHL, tied with Camas atop the league standings.
Stars of the day
- Mitchell Pinney, Hockinson soccer, scored three goals in the Hawks 4-2 win over Mark Morris.
- Ellie Walker, Columbia River girls teack, won both hurdles races and the high jump to help the Chieftains beat Kelso 80-70.
- Bennett Lehner, Camas soccer, scored twice as the Papermakers beat Heritage 4-2.
- Jared Berg, Mountain View soccer, scored three goals as the Thunder beat Fort Vancouver 7-1. David Warne had three assists.
- Mountain View and Prairie tennis players: Battled to a 3-3 tie and also tied in sets won so had to go to a second tiebreaker. Mountain View prevailed 66-56 in games won.
- Morgan Spieth, Union softball, went 3 for 3 with a double and an RBI as the Titans beat Kelso.n Jay Becker, Columbia River baseball, threw five innings to pick up a win and also went 3 for 4 with a double and drove in a run against Prairie.
- Christian Thyron, Prairie soccer, had a goal and an assist in a 3-0 win over Bay.n Nick Barclay, Hockinson track, won the 400 meters in 49.1 seconds in a dual meet against Mark Morris. He has fastest 400 time in Class 2A this season.