Kids can exercise minds and bodies and everyone can check out the remodeled Clark County Family YMCA on April 26.
The Y has just wrapped up an $8 million renovation that dramatically upgraded its offerings. Vancouver’s only full-facility YMCA now boasts:
• Two pools — a new lap pool as well as an 88-degree, zero-depth-entry recreational pool with Jacuzzi jets and a waterfall.
• Two gymnasiums with three full basketball courts and volleyball.
• Four group exercise studios, with one dedicated to yoga and other “quiet” forms of exercise.
• Massage studio.
• Indoor track.
• Five locker rooms — men, women, boys, girls and family.
• Community meeting rooms.
• Youth center for tweens and teens and a large ChildWatch Center for parents at the Y.
The free event April 26 will start with a 9:30 a.m. dedication and ribbon-cutting. From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Y will host Healthy Kids Day, aiming to improve families’ health and well-being through movement and games, arts and crafts and more.
The Clark County Family YMCA is at 11324 N.E. 51st Circle. Call 360-885-9622 or visit http://ymcacw.org/locations/clark-county-family-ymca for more information.