Carter Johnson scored two goals as the Skyview boys soccer team beat Battle Ground 2-0.
Camas posted a 3-0 win over Union, meaning the two nationally-ranked programs are set for a showdown in the Class 4A Greater St. Helens League on Friday at Doc Harris Stadium in Camas.
Stars of the day
- Jorge Regalado and Eric Perez, Fort Vancouver soccer. Regalado got the second-half goal, and Perez got a shutout, and the Trappers won their first match of the year, a 1-0 win over Bay.
- Trevor Roberson, La Center baseball, threw a one-hitter to salvage a split in a doubleheader against Kalama.
- Mitchell Pinney, Hockinson soccer, scored two goals and assisted on another in a win over R.A. Long.
- Camas runners, boys track. The Papermakers won nine of the 10 running events in a win over rival Union.
- Union golfers. The Titans set a school record by scoring 172 in a win over rival Camas. The old record for a nine-hole match was 178.