Vancouver — Clark County is holding four open houses about planning for development and studying potential impacts as the next step in updating the local Comprehensive Growth Management Plan.
All open houses are 7–8:30 p.m.:
• Aug. 19: Vancouver Community Library, 920 C St.
• Aug. 20: Lacamas Lake Lodge, 227 N.E. Lake Road, Camas.
• Aug. 27: Ridgefield Community Center, 210 N. Main Ave.
• Aug. 28: Battle Ground Community Center, 912 E. Main St.
Anyone may attend an open house to learn about the county's ongoing effort to plan for an additional 132,000 people and 91,200 jobs by 2035. However, the current focus is on determining what will be included in a formal analysis to supplement an environmental impact statement used to update the growth plan in 2007.
The county is considering options that include not deviating from the 2007 plan, changing some land uses planned in existing urban growth areas and expanding urban growth areas around Battle Ground, La Center and Ridgefield at the request of city officials.
Comments must be submitted by Sept. 1:
• At an open house.
• On the county website at www.clark.wa.gov/planning/2016update/comments.html
• To Community Planning, EIS Scoping, P.O. Box 9810, Vancouver, WA 98666.