An early morning fire completely destroyed a house in Yacolt.
Firefighters from Clark County Fire District 13 responded to the blaze, 34906 N.E. 256th Ave., which was reported at 12:16 a.m. They found a house fully engulfed in flames.
Clark County Fire District 13 Fire Chief Ben Peeler was first to the scene of the blaze. He said three adult residents had evacuated the residence, but one man ran back inside to apparently save some belongings.
Peeler said he then saw the man jump from a second-story window onto the roof. Without an engine at the scene yet, Peeler said he helped the man do a “guided fall,” telling him to hang by his arms from the roof and let go of the building.
The man landed on his feet and was uninjured, Peeler said.
After that, more firefighters arrived on scene and worked for about an hour to douse the flames, Peeler said. Firefighters stayed on scene until about 8 a.m. putting out hot spots. Another resident was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, Peeler said.
When crews left the scene, the destroyed house was still smoking, Peeler said. Firefighters continued to check back on the smoldering remains every hour throughout the day.