Ceiling fan blamed in $25,000 house fire

By Patty Hastings, Columbian Social Services, Demographics, Faith

Published:

 

A fire discovered near a bathroom ceiling fan caused an estimated $25,000 damage Thursday morning to a house in Clark County’s Sunnyside neighborhood.

The fire was reported at 5:41 a.m. at 11108 N.E. 88th Circle. The homeowner heard a pop and saw smoke near the fan in the second-floor bathroom, said Vancouver Fire Department Deputy Chief Dan Olson. Everyone living in the house was outside by the time fire engines pulled up to the house. Firefighters ran a hose line up to the bathroom and quickly extinguished the blaze.

Olson did not know whether the occupants were displaced by the blaze.

The Vancouver Fire Marshals Office is investigating.

Don't Do Stupid Stuff Mugs