Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. Events are free unless noted. Register: www.tsugawanursery.com/events.htm or 360-225-8750.
• What to do in the garden in March: 11 a.m. March 1. Monthly seminar on landscape and garden maintenance.
• Attracting hummingbirds and beneficial insects to your garden: 11 a.m. March 8. Plants that can be easily added to the garden, and other simple ways to attract the hummingbirds and beneficial insects.
• Easy spring bonsai care: 11 a.m. March 15. Learn about proper seasonal fertilization and get repotting assistance, if needed. There will be a fee for any potting materials used in class.
Shorty's Garden and Home: 10006 S.E. Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver. Free. www.shortysgardenandhome.com; register: 360-892-7880.
• Fort Vancouver Rose Society: 10 a.m. to noon March 1. Proper planting, pruning, fertilizing and all-season care.
• Fruit tree maintenance and pruning: 10 a.m. to noon March 8. John Ellerton discusses fruit tree planting, care, pruning and spraying.
Fruit Trees 101: 10 things to know when you grow: 7 p.m. March 4 at CASEE, Building B, Room 202/205, 11104 N.E. 149th St., Brush Prairie. Monica Maggio of Core Home Fruit will discuss the top 10 tips for selecting and successfully growing fruit trees in the Pacific Northwest. Sponsored by Master Gardener Foundation of Clark County. Free.
Amphibians identification: 10 a.m. to noon March 22 at CASEE, Building B, Room 206, 11104 N.E. 149th St., Brush Prairie. In the ponds behind the Wildlife Botanical Gardens, participants will be shown how to identify amphibians and egg masses, and learn about the importance of monitoring amphibian populations. Dress for weather. Free for members; $15 for nonmembers. Register: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vegetable gardening: 2 p.m. March 22 at Washougal Community Library, 1601 C St. Basics on garden layout, soil preparation and crop selection. Free. http://clark.wsu.edu/calendar/index.asp or 360-397-6060, ext. 5738.
Interested in extending the growing season? On the road tour by WSU master gardeners. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 25. Learn five approaches to greenhouse gardening, including a redwood-kit, high-tunnel with raised beds, lean-to, flexible hoop house and DIY solutions. $30; lunch available for purchase at Hockinson Cafe. Register by March 20: http://bpt.me/590782. Information: 360-397-6060, ext. 5738.
Camas-Washougal Community Garden Club: 1 p.m. fourth Wednesday of each month, Camas Community Center, 1718 S.E. Seventh Ave., Camas. 360-210-8012.
Minnehaha Garden Gate Club: 10 a.m. the third Wednesdays of the month at Minnehaha Grange, 4905 N.E. St. Johns Blvd., Vancouver. 360-992-2939.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 12:30 to 3 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month, Covington House, 4201 Main St., Vancouver. 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. third Mondays, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St., Vancouver. 360-696-9617.