In celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, the city of Vancouver and the Evergreen School District Foundation are seeking donations and volunteers for the foundation's pantry project, which provides nonperishable food and essential toiletries to nearly 12,000 Evergreen Public Schools students in need.
Donations will be collected Jan. 13-20 at the following locations:
• City of Vancouver City Hall, 415 W. Sixth St.
• City of Vancouver Operation Center, 4711 E. Fourth Plain Blvd.
• Firstenburg Community Center, 700 N.E. 136th Ave.
• Marshall Community Center and Luepke Senior Center, 1009 E. McLoughlin Blvd.
• Vancouver Police West Precinct, 2800 N.E. Stapleton Road.
• Water Resources Education Center, 4600 S.E. Columbia Way.
• New Seasons Market, 2100 S.E. 164th Ave.
• QFC, 3505 S.E. 192nd Ave.
• Jan. 20 only: Vancouver Lake trail expansion volunteer project, 6801 N.E. Lower River Road.
Donations will be distributed to pantries in six district schools on Jan. 23. Volunteers are needed to help. To volunteer, visit http://tinyurl.com/2014MLKfooddrive.