Three people were injured in a 2-alarm fire in Forest Grove, Ore. early this morning suspected to have been caused by an explosion from the attempt to manufacture "hash oil." The location of the incident is at the corner of 22nd Avenue and Main Street.
One man was transported to Emanuel Hospital with serious burns. Five people were in the home at the time of the fire. Investigators with the Westside Interagency Narcotics Team are assisting Forest Grove Police with the investigation and are on scene.
The manufacture of hash oil requires extraction process involving butane, a highly flammable gas and is extremely dangerous. This is the second fire of this nature in Forest Grove within the past year. In March of 2013, police and fire responded to the 1900 block of "C" Street where occupants were attempting to make hash oil. Five people were injured in that incident.
Forest Grove is a small city in Washington County, west of Portland.