Fire damages nightclub, bridal boutique near Five Corners

By Emily Gillespie, Columbian Breaking News Reporter



The Clark County Fire Marshal’s Office has ruled out all accidental causes for a Sunday-morning fire at a nightclub near Five Corners. The fire is being investigated as an arson.

A Clark County sheriff’s deputy noticed a fire at Club Zoo, 9310 N.E. 76th St., about 9:15 a.m. Sunday. The Vancouver Fire Department responded and extinguished the blaze a half-hour later.

The fire started on the outside of the building but spread to a storage room that sustained an estimated $136,000 damage from the flames, according to the fire marshal’s office. Sprinklers in the room went off and helped extinguish the blaze.

The rest of the club and an attached bridal boutique sustained smoke damage amounting to an estimated $512,000.

Investigators are reviewing security footage in the area, and the fire marshal’s office is asking anyone with information about the incident to call 360-397-2186, ext. 3321.