Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. Events are free unless noted. Register: www.tsugawanursery.com/events.htm or 360-225-8750.
• Attracting hummingbirds and beneficial insects to your garden: 11 a.m. March 8. Plants that can be easily added to the garden, and other simple ways to attract the hummingbirds and beneficial insects.
• Easy spring bonsai care: 11 a.m. March 15. Learn about proper seasonal fertilization and get repotting assistance, if needed. There will be a fee for any potting materials used in class.
• Tried and true and something new, too!: 11 a.m. March 22. Learn some of the easy-to-care-for plant varieties that are tried-and-true as well as a few you may not have heard of before.
Shorty's Garden and Home: 10006 S.E. Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver. Free. www.shortysgardenandhome.com; register: 360-892-7880.
• Fruit tree maintenance and pruning: 10 a.m. to noon March 8. John Ellerton discusses fruit tree planting, care, pruning and spraying.
• Rose pruning and care: 10 a.m. to noon March 22. Fort Vancouver Rose Society will demonstrate proper planting, pruning, fertilizing and all-season care.
Bonsai fundamentals class: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 15 at Daybreak Gardens, 25321 N.E. 72nd Ave., Battle Ground. Learn the basics of growing bonsai. Fee $60. Pre-register: 360-687-5641.
Amphibian identification: 10 a.m. to noon March 22 at CASEE, Building B, Room 206, 11104 N.E. 149th St., Brush Prairie. In the ponds behind the Wildlife Botanical Gardens, participants will be shown how to identify amphibians and egg masses, and learn about the importance of monitoring amphibian populations. Dress for weather. Free for members; $15 for nonmembers. Register: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Vegetable gardening: 2 p.m. March 22 at Washougal Community Library, 1601 C St. Basics on garden layout, soil preparation and crop selection. Free. http://clark.wsu.edu/calendar/index.asp or 360-397-6060, ext. 5738.
Interested in extending the growing season? On the road tour by WSU master gardeners, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 25. Learn five approaches to greenhouse gardening, including a redwood kit, high tunnel with raised beds, lean-to, flexible hoop house and DIY solutions. $30; lunch available for purchase at Hockinson Cafe. Register by March 20: http://bpt.me/590782. Information: 360-397-6060, ext. 5738.
Camas-Washougal Community Garden Club: 1 p.m. fourth Wednesday of each month, Camas Community Center, 1718 S.E. Seventh Ave., Camas. 360-210-8012.
Minnehaha Garden Gate Club: 10 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month at Minnehaha Grange, 4905 N.E. St. Johns Blvd., Vancouver. 360-992-2939.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 12:30 to 3 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month, Covington House, 4201 Main St., Vancouver. 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. third Monday, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St., Vancouver. 360-696-9617.