People in business
• Rebecca Reich has been promoted to officer manager at Vancouver Granite Works. She is in charge of the office staff, client relations and order processing. Reich, a graduate of Heritage High School, started with Vancouver Granite Works as a part-time memorial designer.
• Sierk Braam,a land and investment sales broker in the Vancouver office of NAI Norris Beggs & Simpson, has been promoted to senior real estate broker. Braam began his career with the company in 2009. His focus is on the sale of financially distressed commercial real estate, bank-owned real estate and investment sales.
• OnPoint Community Credit Union has promoted Jim Carlson to vice president/treasury. Carlson has 28 years of financial services experience, including 22 years with OnPoint. He will be responsible for the credit union's financial resources with respect to liquidity, asset liability and investment portfolio management as well as secondary market activities.
• Rick Takachhas been named to the American Hotel & Lodging Association's board of directors. Takach is president and CEO of Vancouver-based Vesta Hospitality. The board is comprised of C-level lodging executives representing the full scope of the lodging sector.n Blake Federinko has joined Coldwell Banker Commercial Jenkins & Associates as an investment broker specializing in retail properties and high-profile net leased assets. Federinko earned a finance degree and became a licensed real estate agent this year.
• Vancouver businessman Jack Kimmins of Cascade Studio Supply has received the Martin & Bertha Glaser Memorial Award at the 2014 Antique and Amusement Photographers Internationals Convention & Trade Show in Galveston, Texas in early February. The memorial award is given annually to a member who has given years of service to AAPI and the old-time photo industry. Kimmins owns Cascade Studio Supply and represents several companies offering products to photo studios nationwide.
• Riverview Community Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of Riverview Bancorp Inc. has promoted Daniel Cox to executive vice president and chief credit officer by the board of directors. A Clark County native, Cox graduated from Washington State University Vancouver with a finance degree and is also an alum of the Pacific Coast Banking School.
Other business news
• Perkins & Co., a Portland-based public accounting firm, has opened a downtown Vancouver office in the Bank of America Financial Center, 805 Broadway. The office will serve the company's Clark County clients and will be staffed primarily by Clark County residents.
• Columbia Harley-Davidson was awarded Harley-Davidson's Motor Company's Bronze Bar & Shield Circle of Recognition award for the 2013 calendar year. Columbia Harley-Davidson earned the motor company's award for the Western region based on its motorcycle and related product sales performance, an evaluation of customer service and satisfaction.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 360-735-4598. Sales awards are not published.