You can help

By Pauline Sipponen, Columbian News Assistant



Volunteer Connections provides opportunities through the Human Services Council.

For information on the following and other opportunities, call 360-735-3683.

Clark College Student Learning Center is looking for tutors to help adult students improve basic reading, writing and math and English communication skills.

Columbia River Mental Health is looking for volunteers with I.T. experience to replace computers and set up a network.

PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center seeks assistance in its infusion center: Support patients receiving I.V. treatments by bringing snacks, beverages and warm blankets, change bed linens, sanitize chairs, stock supplies, and run errands for staff.

Volunteer Chore Services is looking for up to five volunteers to drive a 14-passenger van (no CDL license is required) on scheduled weekly trips for seniors living in Vancouver Housing Authority properties.

The city of Vancouver seeks to fill a mid-term vacancy for a resident commissioner on the Vancouver Housing Authority Board, for a term beginning immediately and expiring in 2018. The candidate must receive a Section 8 or Public Housing subsidy. Regular meetings are 10 a.m. to noon on the fourth Wednesday of every month, with executive sessions often at 8 a.m. Special meetings are occasionally scheduled.

For an application or more information, contact Alexis Bafus at Vancouver City Hall by phone: 360-487-8607; email:; or by mail: P.O. Box 1995, Vancouver, WA 98668. Online applications are at The deadline to apply is March 25.