Alex Firl scored three goals in the first half and added one more in the second half to lead the La Center boys soccer team to a 7-2 win over White Salmon in a Trico League match Wednesday in La Center.
Firl helped the Wildcats take a 3-2 lead into halftime.
Colton Arends opened the second half with a quick goal that put La Center up 4-2. Jordan Vazquez-Hunt, Firl and Nolan sealed the victories with second-half goals.
Stars of the day
- Mitch Lines, Hockinson baseball, had two hits and drove in three runs, helping the Hawks to a 6-2 win over Evergreen.
- Carter Johnson, Skyview soccer, had two goals and one assist as the Storm won 4-0 at Mark Morris.
- Dabib Barajas, Hudson’s Bay soccer, recorded 14 saves in goal to help Hudson’s Bay to a 1-0 win over Evergreen.
- Conner Thompson and Adam Jeschke, Hockinson soccer, each had a goal and an assist in a 5-1 win over Columbia River.
- David Garnica, Mountain View soccer, scored two goals as the Thunder edged Ridgefield 5-4.
- Elise Filuk, Camas golf, shot a 42 to share medalist honors and lead Camas over Mountain View.