Volunteer Connections provides opportunities through the Human Services Council.
For information on the following and other opportunities, call 360-735-3683.
• Alzheimer's Association of Western & Central Washington is looking for caregiver support group facilitators.
• American Cancer Society Discovery Shop is looking for volunteers to sort and price donations, and to assist customers with purchases.
• Daybreak Youth Services is looking for help in various areas: development, clinical, education, recreation, clerical, kitchen, translation, special events and with student internships.
• Gifts for the Community seeks help with cupcake sales at Divine Consign. Help set up in the morning or clean up and do inventory at closing. Volunteers are also needed at B.divine Clothing Boutique.
• Human Services Council seeks assistance in the Veterans Assistance and Resource Program. Volunteers will help clients fill out forms and surveys, set up computers and provide general office assistance.
• North County Community Food Bank is looking for volunteers in the Battle Ground area to stock the pantry and warehouse, sort and inspect donations, prepare food boxes, unload deliveries, and receive donations.
The Clark County commissioners seek to fill four positions on the Clark County Commission on Aging for three-year terms. The commission addresses the needs of the aging population while implementing strategies of the county's Aging Readiness Plan.
Clark County residents with expertise in advocating for the needs of seniors, and/or launching new programs in the communication and marketing fields are encouraged to apply. The commission meets at 4:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
To apply, submit a résumé and letter of interest by April 7 to Jennifer Clark, Board of County Commissioners, P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666; fax to 360-397-6058; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Area Agency on Aging & Disabilities of Southwest Washington seeks to fill a vacancy on its advisory council with a representative from Clark County. The council represents older adults and adults with disabilities in the counties of Clark, Cowlitz, Wahkiakum, Skamania, and Klickitat. It meets on the third Wednesday of every month in various locations throughout the five-county service area. Travel expenses are reimbursed.
For more information and to request an application, contact Kas Kennedy, Area Agency on Aging & Disabilities of Southwest Washington, 201 N.E. 73rd St., Suite 201, Vancouver, WA 98665; call 360-735-5721; or email email@example.com Information is also at www.helpingelders.org.