Unattended pot on stove blamed for fire at manufactured home

By Emily Gillespie, Columbian Breaking News Reporter



A fire in a double-wide manufactured home Wednesday was caused by an unattended pot on the stove, according to the Clark County Fire Marshal’s Office.

The fire was reported shortly after 7 p.m. at 5302 N.E. 239th St., west of Battle Ground. Crews found flames throughout the kitchen and quelled the blaze, Clark County Fire & Rescue Battalion Chief Tim Dawdy said.

The residents of the home were displaced but declined assistance from the American Red Cross.

Damage to the structure and contents is estimated at $80,000, said Assistant Fire Marshal Richard Martin.

Don't Do Stupid Stuff Mugs