Gabe Steinauer’s two-run home run with no outs in the bottom of the seventh lifted the Woodland baseball team past La Center 5-4 on Monday in Trico League action.
It was a wild seventh inning as Connor Fulton had given La Center a 4-3 lead in the top of the seventh on a home run.
Woodland (5-0, 3-0 Trico) started its half of the seventh with a single by Austin Holcomb. Steinauer then followed with his game-winning shot on a full count.
Stars of the day
• Carter Johnson, Skyview soccer, had four goals and two assists in the Storm’s 7-1 win at Prairie.
• Ashton Rimer, Union soccer, scored both goals with assists from Jonathan Granados as the Titans beat Hudson’s Bay 2-0.
• Nicole O’Haver, Prairie softball, had two hits and knocked in the winning run with one out in the bottom of the eighth as the Falcons outscored Evergreen 7-6.
• Connor Heredia, Camas baseball, went 3 for 4 with a triple and a double, knocking in three runs as the Papermakers won 16-7 at Banks, Ore.
• Isaac Strever, Mountain View soccer, scored both goals for the Thunder in their 2-1 win over Evergreen.