High school basketball season is not done just yet.
The 16th Les Schwab Roundball Shootout is Sunday at Clark College.
The event features some of the top seniors from Southwest Washington. A girls game will be followed by a boys game, with 3-point shooting contests and dunk contest on the schedule, too.
The Columbian’s All-Region girls basketball player of the year, Aubrey Ward-El of Skyview, is scheduled to attend. As is the 3A Greater St. Helens League’s player of the year, Nicole Goecke of Prairie.
The boys game features 2A GSHL co-player of the year Alan Haagen of Hockinson.
All-Region members Jocelyn Adams (Skyview), Tee Anderson (Union), and Stephanie McDonagh (Skyview) also are scheduled to participate in the girls game.
All-Region members Tre Eisenhut (Fort Vancouver), Jamie Ford (Battle Ground), Jack Klodt (Hockinson), James Phillips (Prairie), and Alex Torson (Mountain View) are scheduled to participate in the boys game.
Doors open at 3 p.m. with the girls game tipping off at 4 p.m.
The girls 3-point contest will be at halftime.
The dunk contest will launch after the girls game, before the boys game, and the boys 3-point contest will be at halftime of the boys game.
Tickets are $5, $3 for seniors, and $2 for students with ID.
Stars of the day
- Hannah Hart and Kayle Harteloo, Hockinson softball. Hart drew four walks, stole five bases, and scored four runs in a win over Hudson’s Bay. Harteloo went 3 for 4 and drove in five runs.
- Jake Dennis, Skyview baseball, had two hits and drove in a run as the Storm beat Rex Putnam in Oregon.
- n Bailey Gaspar and Katelyn Lukes, Mountain View softball, each went 2 for 2 as the Thunder edged Skyview 5-4 in a game shortened to five innings.
- Emily Dobbin, Skyview softball, was 2 for 4 with a home run and a double in the Storm’s 5-4 loss at Mountain View.
- Marcus Gaylor, Columbia River boys track and field, won the 100 and 200 meters in the Chieftains’ win over Fort Vancouver.
- Jossilyn Blackman, Battle Ground girls track and field, won the shot put, discus and javelin throws in the Tigers’ win over Evergreen.
- Danica Person, Mountain View girls track and field, won the 100 and 400 meters as the Thunder beat Hudson’s Bay.
- E’Lon Mack, Heritage boys track and field, won the 100 and 200 meters at Heritage beat Union.
- Elise Filuk, Camas golf, shot a 42 at Tri-Mountain to lead Camas against Columbia River.
- Taylor Hartley and McKenzie Alamillo, Battle Ground golf, both shot 42 on par 37 The Cedars to take low-score honors against Hudson’s Bay.
- Jennae Lecomte, Mountain View golf, shot a 41 on par-36 Green Mountain to take medalist honors against Skyview.