The Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest Washington once again will host the federal government’s Simplified Summer Food Program for Children this summer.
Meals are available at no charge to any child 18 and younger; they don’t need to be a Boys & Girls Club member.
Here’s the schedule of sites, times and contacts. Unless otherwise noted, all sites will serve Monday through Friday, June 23 through Aug. 22, excluding the July 4 holiday.
• Clinton and Gloria John Club, 409 N.E. Anderson Road in Hazel Dell: 8:30 to 9 a.m. breakfast and 3 to 3:30 p.m. snack.
• O.K. Clubhouse & Teen Turf Club, 4040 Plomondon St. in Bagley Downs: 3 p.m. snack.
• Hazel Dell Elementary School, 511 N.E. Anderson Road: 8 to 8:30 a.m. breakfast (July 21 through Aug. 8 only) and noon to 12:45 p.m. lunch.
• Roosevelt Elementary School, 2921 Falk Road, Bagley Downs: 8:30 to 9 a.m. breakfast and noon to 12:45 p.m. lunch. Monday through Friday excluding July 4; June 23 through Aug. 22.
• Washington Elementary School, 2908 S St. in Rose Village: noon to 12:45 p.m. lunch and 3 to 3:30 p.m. snack. Closing day is Aug. 15, one week earlier than other sites.
Call Kim Darrah at 360-448-7089 for more information.