A Battle Ground man suspected of assaulting a 15-year-old boy with a knife surrendered to police Wednesday.
Battle Ground police said Tuesday that they were searching for James A. Loudermilk, 20, after he had been identified as a suspect in an assault that took place in the 100 block of Northeast First Avenue about 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Arriving officers spoke with witnesses who said that the victim had been taken to an area hospital and the assailant had run away, according to police. The boy’s injuries were described as not serious.
Officers canvassed the area but didn’t find the suspect, whom they identified as Loudermilk.
Witnesses told police that Loudermilk and the boy had a “heated argument” about “weed plants,” and that Loudermilk pulled a knife on the victim, held it to the boy’s throat and cut his neck, according to court documents.
After he turned himself in, Loudermilk was booked into the Clark County Jail on suspicion of second-degree assault with a weapon.
He made his first court appearance Thursday and was held in custody on $50,000 bail. He is scheduled to be arraigned on the charge March 25.