Here are the nominees for The Columbian fall sports prep athlete of the week, sponsored by Athletes Corner, for the week ending Nov. 14.
Voting will continue until 8 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
TARYN RIES, RIDGEFIELD SOCCER: Ries scored six goals and one assist in a state first-round win, then added an assist in the Spudders’ quarterfinal win over Shorecrest.
BROOKE VAN SICKLE, BATTLE GROUND VOLLEYBALL: Van Sickle averaged 17 kills, 15 assists and 10 digs at the 4A state tournament, helping the Tigers place fourth.
EVI WILSON, COLUMBIA RIVER VOLLEYBALL: Wilson averaged 15 kills and 16 digs at the 3A state tournament, helping the Chieftains place second.
COLLEEN WOODS, HERITAGE SWIMMING: Woods was the highest local finisher at the state meet, placing fourth in the 4A 50 freestyle.
SARAH YANG, CAMAS GIRLS SOCCER: Yang scored both of Camas’ goals in the Papermakers’ 2-1 win over Skyline in the state quarterfinals.
- Sarah Yang, Camas soccer (50%, 1,963 Votes)
- Brooke Van Sickle, Battle Ground volleyball (34%, 1,351 Votes)
- Taryn Ries, Ridgefield soccer (11%, 426 Votes)
- Evi Wilson, Columbia River volleyball (4%, 138 Votes)
- Colleen Woods, Heritage swimming (1%, 54 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,929